Ingersoll Rand Custom Solutions Team Leader in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Team Lead acts as an extension to management in their assigned production zones. Provides direct support to ensure orders are completed in a safe and cost effective manner with zero defects.
- Assumes additional leadership responsibilities whenever the department supervisor or manager is not available.
- Ensures department is run effectively with priority on safety, quality and productivity.
- Assigns work schedules to component specialist and paint shop.
- Adheres to and monitors all Environmental Health & Safety requirements.
- Leads and coordinates problem solving activities related to safety, quality and productivity.
- Works with continuous improvement group to facilitate improvements and streamline processes,Utilizing Lean Basics and A3 problem solving tools.
- Ensures all employees have equipment and supplies needed to perform the jobs in their areas.
- Assumes responsibility for and takes the lead to maintain housekeeping within the department.
- Administers 5S responsibilities for their area.
- Provides production support and covers as needed.
- Ensures that MDI Metrics are communicated and met.
- Tracks and responds to daily performance metrics.
- Communicates status and drives improvement through MDI board meetings and activities.
- Provide continuous trainingto associates to ensure standards are complied with and understood.
- Provide performance feedback on associates and co-associates to the CS/Refurb Supervisor.
- Coordinates with supervisor to ensure associate issues are communicated and handled effectively.
- Audits processes, ensuring compliance to standard work instructions and operating procedures.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent (2 year degree preferred)
- TLDP/Soft leadership course equivalent (strongly preferred)
- 2<5 years leadership/master assembler experience (strongly preferred)
- 1<3 years of commercial vehicle experience (preferred)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to read and write English.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 5, 2018, 8:58:51 AM