Dematic Senior Electrical Controls Technician (SC) in Beech Island, South Carolina
Senior Electrical Controls Technician (SC)
Functional Area: Customer Service
Location: USA - SC - Beech Island
Req ID: 52111
Job Type: Regular
Job Time: Full-Time
Experience Level: Senior Level
Required Education: Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Required Travel %: 5.00
Select Locale EnglishFrenchSpanishSpanish (Mexico)
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical Controls Technician located in Beech Island, SC . This person will function as the Senior Electrical and Controls Technician at our customer site. This is a direct position with Dematic Corporation. The successful candidate will have working experience in the automated material handling industry.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
Subject matter expert on Allen Bradley VFDs (Flex 40 and 525s)
• Experience with Allen Bradley RS Logix5000 PLC controls platforms is a necessity.
• Experience with DeviceNet, PROFIBUS, and EtherNet a plus and highly prized, or equivalent network communications platform.
• Strong electrical troubleshooting skills are required. Electrical skills include wiring, AC Power, AC Motors, electrical drawing & schematics and control panels.
• Knowledge and experience with the following controls components is highly desirable: Servo Drives, PLC, PC Controllers, DC Power Supplies, optical devices (i.e. encoders, photo eyes, etc.).
• Knowledgeable of Palletizing, Robotics, and conveying systems is desirable.
• Some mechanical experience is helpful.
• Build capability by being able to assess, identify and implement training based upon results of assessment.
• Willingness to work some weekends and overtime is to be expected.
• Willingness to work from high heights and work using lifts.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of successful experience in related field.
• Must have the ability to evaluate & analyze system & equipment performance data, perform root cause analysis, facilitate resolution to design & performance issues. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to create reports and communication materials to track & report performance issues of material handling equipment. Candidate must have working experience with MS office products.
• Must have the ability to track & measures Key Performance Indicators and Fault Data, evaluate & analyze the data, implement & direct improvement.
• The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to create reports and communication materials to best report and demonstrate continuous improvement of maintenance and operations of material handling equipment to our customer.
• Proactive in Lean Principles (Simple Problem Solve, Kaizen, 5S, etc.) • Experience with SAP is highly desired.
• Must be able to work with multiple third party leaders in a positive and non-defensive manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.