Leidos RHN SATCOM Trainer in AUGUSTA, Georgia
Provide Functional and Technical Support on the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T Inc 1b) Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT), Unit Hub Satellite Terminal (UHST), Linkway Master Reference Terminal (MRT), and Regional Hub Node (RHN) systems.
• Assist in the instruction and daily maintenance of all WIN-T associated equipment with customers to assure accuracy.
• Provide Onsite Briefings for all unit personnel
• Provide Over-the-Shoulder Training support for all WIN-T users
• Perform Technical Troubleshooting
• Resolve Procedural Issues
• Maintain and update an electronic database of common procedural issues and solutions or quick fixes to known issues
• Capture and File Electronic Trouble Reports and Software Change Requests
• Assist in Implementing New WIN-T Subsystems
• Report Data Quality Issues to Unit Personnel
• Support Remote Deployments
• Short duration travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations
• Coordinate Hardware/Software Replacements and Repairs
• Assist in Fielding New Hardware
• Assist in Fielding New Software Versions
• Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned
• Perform other duties as required
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs hardware and software repair, replacement, troubleshoot, installation and over the shoulder training support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc 1). The WIN-T Inc 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf equipment. This system of systems includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Directly related military experience can count year for year to offset the education requirements. Typical minimums do not apply to this position, candidates will be chosen based on experience as described in the basic qualifications section.
-Fundamental understanding of satellite communication theory.
-Fundamental understanding of the NCW network.
-Familiarization of using a spectrum analyzer.
-Familiarization of iDirect modem.
-Familiarization of MPM-1000 modem.
-Experience with troubleshooting satellite links
Experience as a trainer and performing hardware and software repair, replacement, troubleshoot, installation and over the shoulder training support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc 1).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.