Cardinal Health Reliability Engineering Manager - Operations Maintenance in Augusta, Georgia
Reliability Engineering Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION : The Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for developing and coordinating all mechanical and electrical aspects of improving equipment reliability (OEE) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of maintenance , standardizing our preventive maintenance program and developing our workforce. The individual will also need to work closely with our parts storeroom team to maintain inventory levels, qualify replacement parts and reduce spend. This role provides leadership for the manufacturing maintenance programs and oversight of the computerized maintenance management system. This position ensures the validated state of process equipment is maintained and documented through program ownership
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Prioritize maintenance crew’s workload to maintain a safe work environment for all employees.
- Focus team around making reliable improvements in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Proven ability to implement robust solutions to reoccurring issues.
- Administers maintenance records, CMMS activities
- Coordinates and directs contractor activities
- Understand and comply with of all current corporate policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of reliability centered maintenance practices. Knowledge and understanding of sound engineering practices and principles.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to solving equipment problems. Must have strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Coordinate the design and delivery of technical training.
- Work closely with the Production Supervisors to coordinate maintenance events to include resource planning, change overs, preventative maintenance and project scheduling.
- Must possess a disciplined approach to standards and procedures required to facilitate and implement improvements. Customer focused to provide quality service and improve equipment and process reliability
- Must be able to make identify, plan and implement process improvements in a quick and efficient manner.
- Assist in data analysis pre- and post- new equipment installation.
Provide visibility of implementation progress to management.
Work with other plants in spreading and adopting best practices.
- Attend required personal developmental training.
- Help develop, train and mentor Team Leads, Maintenance Mechanics and Operators.
- Must consistently be generating new ideals to improve efficiency, reduce cost or eliminate waste.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
- Reports to Operations Manager
- Must have good interpersonal/leadership skills and be able to interface with all departments and associate levels.
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can adjust their communication style to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important.
Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
Some travel may be required.
- Normal working hours are: 8am to 5pm.
4 year college degree (Engineering preferred)
Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in maintenance, at least 2-3 of those years implementing reliability centered maintenance principles and equipment or process improvements. Proven track record of ability to handle multi-tasks simultaneously. Must be able to make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary.
Excellent verbal/written skills, computer skills-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Maximo
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
Education: 4 year college degree in Engineering
Experience: Has led a maintenance department and has a proven track record of implementing process improvements. Has a strong mechanical and electrical background. Has PLC experience, understands servo motors and drives and how they interact into a system.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.