Solvay Process Engineer - Specialty Polymers in Augusta, Georgia
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer for our manufacturing site in Augusta, GA. This individual will be part of a high-performance process technology team, reporting into site Process Engineering Manager. The process technology team is multicultural and has global presence in USA, Asia and Europe. It functions at various R&D and manufacturing sites in areas of chemistry, technology, vendor and toller developments, and works closely with site representatives as well as subject matter experts for delivering solution in a fast paced Specialty Polymer Industry.
Responsible for process engineering undertakings related to industrialization, scale ups, asset repurposing, supporting capital projects as well as assisting manufacturing facilities to improve the current performance of the manufacturing processes.
The specific duties of the Process Engineer include but are not limited to:
• Act as a bridge between R&D and Manufacturing with basic understanding of the chemistry and vision of industrialization.
• Suggest and implement technical improvement or new technology to improve the process /plant competitiveness
• Design and implement capital projects: design process system, develop process flow diagram, develop piping and instrumentation diagram, write equipment and control specifications, perform material and energy balances
• Responsible for the application and adherence of HSE and PSM standards and guidelines. Participate in HAZOPS, LOPA and incident investigation
• Provide process engineering assistance to troubleshoot major operational problems and maximize asset utilization
• Perform process commissioning and support start up activities during capital project execution
• Study, develop and implement the new processes required for the production of new products
• Recommend, design, conduct, and evaluate process testing for the applicable business purposes. Includes working with vendors, external testing agencies and pilot plant facilities.
• Work concurrently with cross-functional teams including Projects, Operations and R&D teams
• Develop written documentation about the production processes, facility and keep them up-to-date
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in process design, with at least 2 years in chemical manufacturing environment.
• Experience in utilizing standard calculation tools including ASPEN, PSV sizing, etc.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
• Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills with systematic approach
• Agile and able to influence change
• Good oral and written communication
Title: Process Engineer - Specialty Polymers
Requisition ID: GBU004579
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.