LGS Innovations Operations Instructor in Augusta, Georgia
Location: Augusta, GA
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is seeking an * Operations Instructor* for our Augusta, GA location.
In this position you will work under limited guidance develop and provide professional instruction for customers in a specific area of expertise.
Axios, a wholly owned subsidiary of LGS Innovations, is dedicated to protecting America from harm by supporting the missions of the Department of Defense and its Intelligence Community partners. With a highly educated and experienced team, Axios designs, develops, delivers, and operates leading-edge processing solutions and products in the fields of communications, digital signal processing, software, network engineering, system engineering, and system integration. Axios puts a strong emphasis on innovation, agility, honesty, trustworthiness, and teamwork, and offers mission-focused technological innovation to address critical needs in the areas of RF communications, mission operations, frameworks and open processing architectures, software defined radio, and tactical programs.
Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, Axios provides mission-focused support across several U.S. and overseas locations. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to intelligence analysts and operators for all aspects of information gathering and exploitation to include national level analysis, technical exploitation, collection, geolocation, general research, threat assessments and intelligence product production
- Train and mentor junior and mid-level intelligence analysts
- Train and recertify expert level analysts to perform mission critical analytical tasks
- Develop and maintain detailed and structured training plans to ensure best retention methods for students, including the ability to redesign coursework as needed to address different learning styles, disabilities and needs
- Develop and design relevant course curriculum and revise curriculum as necessary
- Develop and provide technical network analytical training to analysts
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices in support of training current and new capabilities associated with customers
- Work directly with customers by providing continuous mentoring and On-the-Job-Training to ensure operators adhere to customer standards and maintain relevant expertise
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate analyst training and certification classes
- Work directly with customers regarding the order and criticality of the different certification courses
- Attend customer meetings and provide input for all Job Quality Standards, evaluations and the training SOP manual to ensure it meets/exceeds customer expectations.
- Maintain technical expertise in current and future systems pertaining to their course of instruction
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and 6-8 years of experience or a combination of education, skills and related experience
- Advanced training skills and a thorough understanding of the operational cycle.
- Direct experience in the Intelligence Community training and mentoring operations personnel
- Thorough understanding of the operational training and evaluation process, to include but not limited to: classroom instruction, On-the-Job-Training and evaluations based on Job Quality Standards
- Strong flexibility to adapt in a dynamic environment with frequently changing opportunities
- Strong oral and written communication skills to include experience creating customer presentations
- Prior experience supporting customers in a remote field location; operations experience; training development and delivery experience
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing opportunities
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Working knowledge of course design
- Experience facilitating courses
- Excellent writing skills
For a listing of all LGS Innovations and Axios open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Augusta, GA
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Operations Instructor
Travel Requirements: Travel to other Axios Locations or Customer Sites as necessary