Cardinal Health Manufacturing Supervisor - WPAD - 1st Shift in Augusta, Georgia
Job Summary: Manufacturing Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function. Responsible for meeting customer requirements, supervising production employees, meeting production goals and FDA compliance.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to insure proper staffing
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the production operation
- Must achieve safety, quality, and productivity metrics/goal
- Responsible for 5S company standards and safety programs.
- Insures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained
- Completes detailed accurate performance evaluations of all direct reports
- Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive work climate in the production operation
- Maintain positive employee relations
- Work on special projects as defined per business for each area of operation.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily production activities
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Applies expertise to solve standard and non-standard problems within own area
- Aligns individual goals for self and others with work area/functional goals
- Actively builds relationships across functions/businesses that bring value to the company, encouraging the participation and perspectives of all team members, regardless of background; mentors and empowers others to achieve success
- Perform to company standard 5’s program.
- Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by the Supervisor and or lead.
- Perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, and State and Federal provisions.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 2+ years related work experience required
- Demonstrated success in managing people and leading a team
- Strong communication skills
Knowledge, Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrate success in managing people and leading a team
- A minimum of 4+ years related experience required
- Strong communication skills
- Supervisory/management experience
- Proficient computer experience in using AS400
- Office environment – sitting, standing, stooping continuously
- Must be able to lift up to 40lb.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.